Texarkana Farmers Market Salsa Contest
Time & Location
About the Event
FOR SALSA CONTESTANTS READ CAREFULLY
To enter the salsa competition,
- ALL SALSA MUST BE TESTED WITH THE CITY OF TEXARKANA TEXAS HEALTH DEPARTMENT!
Don't worry, it's easy and free!
- Drop off 1 small jar (a pint or less but at least 2 oz) of salsa from every batch of salsa made, on Monday August 2nd or Tuesday August 3rd, by 4:30pm.
- We will test all batch samples on Wednesday.
- If your salsa passes inspection, we will give you stickers for all your jars from each batch that passed inspection.
- If one did not pass, we will notify you and that batch cannot be entered. Please label all jars entered into the contest with contents, name or contact info, and date produced.
- Salsa SALES are ALLOWABLE this year!
So long as your salsa passes our City inspection, you will be allowed to sell your jars of salsa at the Market.
Be sure and label your salsa jars that you plan to sell with contents, date, and name.
DAY OF THE CONTEST
- Bring at least one quart sized jar of your salsa for each category you plan to enter, for sampling and voting!
- If you plan to sell, bring as many additional jars as you would like.
- All salsas need to be entered at the Market Table by 8:30am Saturday August 7th. Tasting and sampling starts at 9am.